News from the good people at EN World!
Some of the great articles that come from EN World!
A feed of the news from http://www.enworld.org.
EN World Tabletop RPG News & Reviews D&D, Dungeons & Dragons, TTRPGs News & Reviews
- Rests should be dropped. Stop conflating survival mechanics with resource recovery.by [email protected] (Emberashh) on May 11, 2023 at 6:48 am
Its high time to abandon it. Its dumb and the pearl clutchers can be ignored. The best solutions to fixing the problems with rest involve limiting when they can be used, which in turn just causes a verisimilitude problem. Those obnoxious safe […]
- Curse of Strahd (and limitations on 1st level play)by [email protected] (Retreater) on May 11, 2023 at 6:48 am
This is my second time running Curse of Strahd. With this group, I tried to emphasize that Barovia was a scary place in an attempt to get the most out of the theme. It's backfired. The group is running away from every challenge, accomplishing no […]
- Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]by [email protected] (Knightfall) on May 11, 2023 at 6:46 am
World of Kulan: Crisis in Bluffside Game Big Tim stands, once again, waiting. This time, however, the man he's come to know as Relgar Aspergim waits with him — not that drafter-wizard appears put out by waiting. He has a book to scribble in and […]
- Stranger Things D&D Starter Set For Freeby [email protected] (Plaguescarred) on May 11, 2023 at 6:39 am
Hasbro is offering the Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set rulebook for free download as a PDF. It's the 23-page book which came in the Stranger Things boxed set a few years ago and contains the basic rules of the game. The boxed set […]
- Hit Points: the change I would like to seeby [email protected] (clearstream) on May 11, 2023 at 6:36 am
I would like to see the following in 6e All characters start with two hit dice (taking the maximum of one and the average of the other as starting HP) Characters do not gain a hit die per level, instead hit die gains are distributed over their […]
- 4/26 Playtest: The Sorcerorby [email protected] (Stalker0) on May 11, 2023 at 6:28 am
Often considered one of the "weaker designs" in 5e, how does this new version hold up? I think a lot of the new Sorceror power is hidden in the details, and its easy to miss. Probably the number 1 improvement: Metamagics can now we swapped out per […]
- Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]by [email protected] (Knightfall) on May 11, 2023 at 6:24 am
Here is the OOC thread for my reboot of my old Western Kanpur | Bluffside Campaign that was running over on The Piazza. The game stalled over there, but with the refresh of EN World, I'm eager to get it restarted here. Right now, I have two […]
- The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Threadby [email protected] (Retreater) on May 11, 2023 at 6:22 am
Sometimes a thread comes up, and I really want to post in it, but my thought is just a negative comment or a way to criticize someone else's fun. And really, we have enough negativity in this world right now. Maybe this is a dumb idea, maybe it […]
- Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3by [email protected] (Whizbang Dustyboots) on May 11, 2023 at 6:21 am
Sadly, I have a lot more faith in this being good than in Indiana Jones 5.